Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Good Things Do Come In Small Packages

I bought myself this cute, sweet little 'dirt bike'. There aren't enough exclamation marks in the world to convey what a nice ride it gives!

I think I'm enamoured with it because the quality surprised me a great deal. And that's because I was biased, narrow-minded and judgmental about it in the first place. But who isn't with some things, eh?

I normally associate BMX bikes with tall early-teenage boys sporting long legs and when riding the bikes, their knees come up to their ears. I never considered it a "serious" bike or for adults. Then, two Fridays ago, I bought one. More about that another time. Maybe.

This is a Giant 2009 Method BMX or so the paint job says. If I sound like I have my doubts that it's that exact bike, it's because the Method on Giant's website is US$490.00 and I paid US$220.00 for mine. No, I didn't get it from a hooded guy in an alley in the dark of night. It was daytime. I'm kidding...now back to the bike.

The ride is just too nice! Since the bike is constructed to be ridden on a motocross-type circuit, it's a sturdy little thing. It also must be made well because it's additionally used for stunts and tricks. Plus, Giant is one of the top bike brands.

SHEPPARTON, AUSTRALIA - MAY 06: Cherie Simpson of Queensland races in the Elite Women's race during at the 2010 BMX National Championships at the Shepparton BMX Track on May 6, 2010 in Shepparton, Australia. (Photo by Robert Cianflone/Getty Images)

July 16, 2010 - 06182554 date 16 07 2010 Copyright imago Mika Cologne 16 07 2010 BM Masters 2010 Daniel Dhers BMX men Wheel Cycling Action shot Single cut out Vdig 2010 vertical Highlight premiumd Youth Park Cologne.

(The guy in the pic above is not falling, he's doing a stunt.) The bikes aren't made for sitting down on for long periods of time, but I remedied that by switching to a much longer, smart-looking, silver-coloured seat post which looks just fine against the black bike (you can see this in the first photo). So now the seat is raised high enough for my legs to stretch out comfortably while pedaling.

This brings my little bike collection to 3. Two Treks and a little Giant. That's nothing if you're a cycling fan. One of my cousins has 6 bikes in his garage! Six I tell youwhich means that presently I'm only half the cyclist he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment