Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Multitasking

I was out dual-tasking today. First, I wanted to go for a ride. I was annoyed to almost the hilt because sickness, namely, sinusitis (which I get reliably 4-5 times a year) and sciatic pain (which is a new development now) kept tripping me up for the last several weeks. Today I decided that nothing would stop me from a valiant attempt at some climbing.

I virtually sped home from work (by taxi and on foot), changed into my cycling gear and munched down on an ice cream sandwich before heading out.

I did well on the ride. There were times when I wanted to quit, but I kept pushing and pushing until I reached my goal. I wondered for a while if I'd overdone it, because my stomach developed an intense pain, almost nauseous-like, but I recovered and perhaps one day soon I'll read something about exercise and understand what happened.

Having taken care of the first goal, I turned my attention to the second task at hand — using the Pedco Ultra Clamp Assembly. What a fine little instrument this is!

Here it is clamped to my bike's handlebar supporting a lightweight digital camera.




This camera mount can comfortably hold small camcorders and cameras. The top part which secures the camera is also a pivoting ball head type of attachment, so you can adjust the tilt of the camera in any direction. In addition to the pivoting head, the section directly underneath can also adjust. The part that fastens onto the handlebar has a convex shape so that, when the opposite side is screwed in, the mount becomes solidly fixed onto the bike.

This mount set back my wallet by $21.49 and set forward my videomaking by some leaps and bounds. I'm thrilled over the footage that I envision capturing in the months to come. Here is some footage recorded using the mount. The frame rate is less than what you'd find in a good videocamera so that accounts for the slight jitter. I also stabilised the footage in the editing program for easier viewing. Aside from those two things, this little mount is quite capable of contributing to some really nice footage in many rides to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment