Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Custom-Designs

Happily, there's a love of cycling in our gene pool. My cousin sent me an email this week:

I just purchased a custom road bike — a Waterford RS-14, made to fit, choice of color, and built to my specification of parts. It took about six weeks to get the frame, and a week or so to get the parts and to build it. I really like it alot, its kinda built with performance and comfort in mind, with an emphasis on durability.

The wheels were custom built at the bike shop where I ordered the bike and came out real nice. Its not lightweight by any means at just over 20 pounds. But it's quicker off the line and maintains a good speed, so far I have been able to average 2-3 mph faster than the previous bike.

Handling is top rate, it's especially more stable on descents at high speed. I've already put 170 miles on it in less than two weeks. I plan on doing a 62 mile (or metric century) this coming Saturday with Alan and 2,000 other riders, called "the Tour of Poway".

Looking forward to how it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment